Today I’m going to show you exactly how to audit your fiverr gig.
In fact, this is the same process that helped top rated fiverr sellers to rank #1 from when they started out.
And I should point something out:
This is a non technical guide.
You don’t need technical skills like seo auditing to setup the perfect gig.
Let’s dive right in.
- Create your fiverr account.
- Create your first gig (7 gigs for new sellers).
- Optimize your gig (keywords, headings, description, graphics, video).
Discover the world of fiverr.com and watch your profits soar!
- For $5.00, you can purchase a service — gigs you never thought you could buy for such a low price that can make you lots of money!
- For $5.00, you can sell a service — advertise a product or service (yours or someone else’s) and let customers give you money! (Lots of it.)
Know how to create a cover for an e-book? Sell that service for $5.00.
Just for the record…the intention of this special report is to show you tips, techniques, and tricks that will jump start your money making efforts.
HOWEVER, everything presented in this guide is legal, ethical, and will not get you in trouble when you implement some or all of the strategies presented here for making boatloads of cash!
CREATING YOUR ACCOUNT
Our first task is to create an account on fiverr.com.
Step 1. Open your account on Fiverr.
You should see the home page of the fiverr.com site that looks similar to the following screenshot.
Step 2. At the top of the page on the far right side, click the word Join. The following pop-up box will be displayed.
Step 3. Fill in the fields for Email (a), Choose Username (b), ChoosePassword (c), and Are You Human (d)? Next, read and accept the terms of service (e) , and then click the Join button.
Step 4. Now you will see a page displayed with a message that says,
―Activation link was emailed to you.
Step 5. Open your email account (the one that you just provided during the sign-up phase), and then open the message from fiverr.com that has a subject line that reads, Fiverr: Registration Confirmation.
Step 6. Click the confirmation link inside the email message.
Step 7. If you followed these instructions exactly, then you should be taken to a page on fiverr.com that says, ―Account successfully activated. Hey, this is a great time to edit your profile.”
Step 8. Now that your account has been set up, make sure that you store your user name, password, and the email you used for fiverr.com in a safe place. Most important is to remember your login information, which will allow you to gain access to your account the next time you’re online.
Congratulations! You’ve just completed the registration and sign-upprocess for fiverr.com. Welcome aboard the site for success!
NOTE: Make sure to fill in all the fields in your Profile, including a picture of yourself or a graphic image that’s appropriate for your account. The editors at fiverr.com will promote you and your ads only when your profile has all the blanks filled in.
Now let’s explore numerous tips and tricks for creating a powerful ad that will draw people like magnets to the ―gig you’re selling.
CREATING YOUR GIG
Whether you’re in the market to pick up an extra hundred dollars this month, or if you’re looking at fiverr.com as a means for generating a monthly income, it’s absolutely essential to create an ad that will draw buyers to your gig.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Attract attention to your ad by creating a high-quality digital image that’s related to the content of the gig you’re selling. Make the image colorful, vivid, and expressive. Don’t use small lettering. Choose a clearly visible image. It should stand out and draw the customer’s eye to the photo more than any other images on the page. Here’s an example of images that draws a lot of buyers.
Here’s an example of a poor quality image that doesn’t really represent or say anything about the gig being offered:
NOTE: If you don’t take the time to choose a clear and colorful image for your ad, you most likely will not make many sales. Images are very important. Customers are time-conscious, and will often scan the page, just looking for something that attracts them.
Again, your goal is not to spend money before you make money. But, if you’re not good at creating or selecting powerful images, then hire someone at fiverr to create five images for you for $5 (one image for each gig you’d like to offer).
2. Add keywords to the listing for your ad. This is important, too. On fiverr, they include the listing titles in a unique URL. This provides search engine optimization (SEO) benefits to each ad that you place on the site.
This also increases the number of views that you will receive for your gigs. The more views you receive usually goes hand-in-hand with more sales.
In addition, when you drive traffic to your ad through various methods (we’ll dig into that later), you will be using your unique URL that contains your keywords. Bingo! Someone typing in a keyword on a search engine just might land on your keyword-rich fiverr ad.
(That’s one of the goals!)
3. Create a clear title and description of your gig. Write a thorough and easy to understand description for each gig. If you’re unsure about how to write your title, search for other advertised gigs that are generating a lot of thumbs-up and comments from happy customers who have purchased a similar item.
You can check out my post on how to setup a fiverr gig the right way for a quick reference on gig setup.
Don’t plagiarize, meaning don’t steal their ad copy word for word. But take time to see how other successful ads were written, and then create a similar ad.
If copywriting is not one of your skills, then purchase a gig for $5 and have someone write 3 titles and 3 ad descriptions for you, using the keywords that you provide.
4. State a realistic amount of time to deliver the product. Be accurate when stating the length of time it will take you to deliver the product or service to the buyer.
Get this wrong, and the negative comments will affect your ability to sell that gig in the future. But be realistic. If you’re backlogged with orders, put it in your ad that you’ll deliver within 2-3 days, or however long it will take you. Just make sure you deliver the product in the time frame you indicated in your ad.
5. Provide clear instructions to the buyer. If you do this correctly, it will save you hours of answering unnecessary emails from customers. Tell them exactly what they must do, how they should do it, and what they can expect. Then, if you do receive the same questions repeatedly, add another sentence or two in your instructions on the site.
The good part about using the ―Instructions to the Buyer feature is that their order is not finalized and submitted to you until the buyer has provided all the information you’ve requested.
The time it takes you to deliver the product or service does not include the time it takes the buyer to provide the information. You receive the order only AFTER the buyer has filled in the requested information.
NOTE: One of your goals, besides making more money, should be to process your fiverr orders within 5 to 10 minutes. This is how you will make the most money.
Yes, you might have to prepare a report or an e-book in advance, but then you can sell it over and over again.
The same is true when providing instructions to the buyer; you don’t want to continue spending 10 minutes answering questions for every person who buys something from one of your ads. When your instructions are clear and thorough, your transactions will be quick, and your customer will be happy.
6. Create a video to introduce your gigs. In the next chapter you’ll learn instructions for creating your own video.
CREATING AN INTRO VIDEO
Gig Videos is a bonus feature offered by fiverr.com. It allows you to communicate with potential buyers through a video that you create and display along with your ad.
You can introduce yourself, talk about the service offered in the ad, and the benefits you provide.
In addition, using a Gig Video will definitely increase the exposure to your gig, not only on fiverr, but in the search engines as well.
After you add a video to your gig, your ads will display a play button, which encourages visitors to click on it.
In addition, you can use YouTube to promote your fiverr videos. Again, since Google owns YouTube, there’s a good chance that your fiverr video will be shown on page 1 of Google for your selected keyword.
Adding video to your gigs brings more traffic to your ads. More traffic results in more sales. More sales bring you more money.
According to fiverr.com, the following steps are listed on their site for adding a gig video.
How to Add a Gig Video
Adding a video to your gig is super simple. You either do that while creating a new gig, or just use the Add Video button in your My Gigs screen.
5 Steps to Add a Gig Video
- Record your video.
- Upload the video file (up to 50MB).
- Once your video is approved it will be available for public viewing.
- That’s it!
TWENTY MONEY-MAKING METHODS ON FIVERR
Let’s take a look at how other people have made their money after implementing a few simple strategies on fiverr.com. This is what you can do, too.
- Create a simple (free) blog with photos that has ONE unique purpose with universal appeal. Then create a page on your blog dedicated to shout outs. What is a shout out? It is a two-sentence advertisement with a web site link that advertises a product or service. Where do you get the shout outs from? People pay you $5 on fiverr.com so they can advertise their product or service as a shout out on your site.
- Create a product that takes less than 10 minutes (consider an audio recording of you talking about a subject you’re an expert in) and sell it on fiverr for $5.
- Create an e-book cover graphic that takes less than 10 minutes and sell it on fiverr for five dollars.
- Create a 10-page report on how to do something. Sell the report over and over again on fiverr.
- After selling 10 reports as mentioned in number four above, take your profits, and create a Warrior Special Offer (WSO) on the Warrior Forum ( warriorforum.com). Stop selling the report on fiverr (WSO rules dictate that the price for a WSO must be cheaper than the general public at large can acquire the report) and sell the report to the first 25 buyers for $5 (which is more than you’ll make on fiverr). Sell the report to the second 25 buyers for $7.50 or $10.
- Buy a service on fiverr.com from a writer who will create three articles for you. Then create a new gig and sell two of those articles for five dollars. Put the third article into several article directories with back links to your fiverr.com account. Sell each article for $5 each.
- Choose a topic that you have a lot of knowledge about and create three, one-page ―How-To reports. Sell the three reports on fiverr.com for $5.
- Expand the topic that you just created in item above, and sell one of those reports for $5.
- Take a digital photo of a landmark in your town. Now take more pictures in the surrounding area close to where the landmark is located. Sell those five photographic images for five dollars.
- Find a gig offered on fiverr that will create a 3-minute video presentation of your business for you and have them post it on YouTube for just $5. This is very cost-effective, considering the quality of the video. Of course, you have all the rights to the video, which means you can promote the video wherever you like.
- Use fiverr as a promotional vehicle for your brand.
- Use fiverr as a portfolio to showcase your products and services.
- User fiverr as a tool for gathering endorsements and testimonials that you can put on your blog or website.
- Build your reputation with the thumbs-up system on fiverr. Customers are more likely to purchase a service or product from you when it’s obvious others have been pleased with your offerings. (Don’t be illegal and offer to pay people to ―Like your ad or write a testimonial for your gigs.)
- Use fiverr as a network for selling your everyday business services.
- Use fiverr to drive traffic to your web site or blog.
- Use fiverr to deliver a more expensive product as a backend offer after they have purchased your initial product.
- Redirect them to your blog or website to receive a free product that is similar to the product you’re selling. Make sure to capture the email address before taking a buyer to your download page.
- Here’s a great idea. On fiverr, look at the listings where people are requesting to buy a specific product or service. Then find someone on fiverr or an alternative site to create the product for $5 or $10 and offer it for sale on fiverr. Then duplicate and repeat the process.
- Still don’t know what product to sell? Here’s an easy method for making fast money. When you have 30 minutes to spare, choose a category on fiverr that appeals to you. Then scroll through the ads and choose one to learn more about it.
Is the seller backlogged with orders? Then that’s a good indication that the seller’s product is in demand.
Look for other sellers advertising a similar service, and see if you can purchase that product or service in a quantity of two or three.
Then create a new ad offering one of those items. To fulfill order requests, go back to the original ad and seller to place an order.
This is somewhat of a borderline greyhat area, but the buyer will be happy, the seller will be happy, and you will have delivered a product that gets great reviews.
Just make sure that you allow for a sufficient amount of time to deliver the product, since your delivery time depends upon someone else creating the product that you will sell. (Think of it like outsourcing.)
In the future, you can contact the seller and offer a joint venture agreement. You sell more of his product, he creates it, and you both make money. The advantage, however, is that he does all the work, and you collect money. Now how cool is that?
BASIC GIG MANAGEMENT
Inside of the Fiverr.com site, the editors search the gigs on a daily basis for those ads that provide true benefits and value for their customers.
Is Your Ad Appealing?
If your ad has an appealing image, friendly descriptions, a great title, useful keywords, and your user profile has been filled in completely, then you’re more likely to get your ad promoted. One additional factor that the editors take into consideration is the positive reviews and comments from your buyers.
Fiverr provides sellers with the option of featuring their gigs on the homepage of the site and on the first page of each category listing. Like anything else of value, featured listings require a fee. However, to make your ad appear before all others in its category, you will have to decide if it’s worthwhile.
Off-Site Promotions to Your Listings
Certainly, if you do any type of off-site link promotion to your fiverr.com ads, your listings could quickly receive more than 100 views in one day, which would create interest for buyers searching for your service.
NOTE: Fiverr.com allows you to create only 20 listings. Keep that in mind when you’re creating new products and services that you would like to sell.
PROMOTE THAT GIG… FOR FREE!
There are always several ways of looking at any type of online sale process when it comes to generating money from a product or service. One way involves sending traffic to your listing to make sales. Another way is to build a mailing list and send out an announcement that advertises your affordable product or service on fiverr.com.
Let’s look at several options that are easily accomplished for someone new to the world of making money online and to the intermediate Internet marketer.
Each of the categories listed below require no money to implement. All that’s needed is your time.
Let’s get started.
If you don’t already have a twitter account, you can sign up for one, for free, at twitter. When you create your account, choose a user name and password, and then list the URL link to your fiverr.com ad that you want to advertise.
In the description box about what you do, write a short statement using one or two keywords that you’ve used in your fiverr.com listing. Be aware that when anyone searches on Twitter for a specific keyword, you want your listing to show up.
If you already have a twitter.com account, then send out several tweets a day with some curiosity-driven statement about what you’re advertising on fiverr.com, and then include the URL link.
You can either ask people to follow you, or you can search for gadgets on the Internet that will generate followers for you. You can also find gigs on fiverr.com that will do the service for you
If you already have a facebook account, you can advertise your gigs in several ways and in several places on your page.
You can write something on your wall, or on someone else’s wall, about what you’re selling. You can also list your URL link in your business and personal information section.
If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can sign up for one at Facebook. Make sure you add a photo so people can follow you and become a fan of your page.
NOTE: For security reasons, it’s probably not a good idea to pay someone$5 to create those accounts for you, since you don’t want someone to know your login information.
Maybe you have a friend or family member who could help you set up those two accounts. Those accounts will be responsible for sending you lots of free traffic.
You can use video marketing to drive traffic to your listing. Just sign up for an account at: YouTube
By using a WebCam on your laptop or a friend’s laptop, you can create a quick one- to three-minute introduction video that talks about the product or service you want to promote on fiverr.com.
If you don’t have a video recorder or a WebCam on your computer, maybe a friend or family member has one and you can ask them to take a quick video of you.
If you do a search on the Internet, you will find many sites that offer free video editing software. By editing the video, you can embed the URL of your listing on fiverr.com and add it to the bottom of the video.
Or, if both of those options aren’t possible for you at the moment, you can create a series of slides that transition one to the next. Then those slides that contain either text, or text and images, can be compiled into a slide show presentation video. You can also upload that to YouTube.com.
Or, you can upload your graphic image of your product or service, and then download a product such as audacity, for free from HERE, and record a short audio advertisement. You can upload that as well to YouTube.com.
Creating a video and uploading it to YouTube is free. However, if you choose to spend five dollars, you could ask someone to create it for you. Then all you would have to do is open up your account on YouTube.com and upload your video that promotes your listing.
This gives you an additional way to drive traffic. Point them to the YouTube video, which points to your fiverr.com listing.
Create Free Classified Ads
There are literally thousands of free classified ads sites available on the
Internet where you could advertise your product or service that’s listed on fiverr.com.
Here are a few sites that you might want to try that provide good results:
WARRIOR SPECIAL OFFER (WSO) – PAID
If you are currently a member of the warriorforum and you have a sufficient number of posts, for $40 you can create a WSO that advertises your services on Fiverr.com.
However, please note that if you have never posted a special offer in the Warrior Forum, one of their rules is that the product or service that you offer must be priced lower than what it would sell for to the general public.
What that means is you could offer one or two of your products or services for a low price. As an example of your work, the quality, or perhaps the good reviews that you’ve received from fiverr.com buyers, will send more people to your listing.
More traffic is what the editors at fiverr.com notice, which could make your listing soar to the top of the categories.
Although most autoresponder services are not free, if you already have an account with companies such as aweber.com, getresponse.com, or trafficwave.com, then all you have to do is write a two paragraph blurb. Talk about the amazing service or product you have just created. Ask the subscriber to view your ad on fiverr.com.
This will also give you more page views for your listing.
Paid Autoresponder Service Companies
The prices for these autoresponder services are not listed in this report since prices do change. Please visit the site if you are looking for a paid autoresponder service. Then check out how much it will cost to set up an account on a monthly or yearly basis.
Free Autoresponder Service Companies
Listed below are three autoresponder companies that do NOT charge for their services. In addition, if you are already paying for web hosting, sometimes your web hosting company will offer free newsletter services. Those are comparable to an autoresponder service they collects email addresses for you. You may want to query them to see if this free option is available to you.
The disadvantage to using a free autoresponder service is that usually when you send out a broadcast message, or a newsletter, it will be accompanied by advertisements selected by the autoresponder company.
You just want to make sure that the advertisements would not be offensive to your target audience.
The advantage to using a free autoresponder service, however, is that it gives you a place to start when you don’t have money to spend.
Although this might take you a little bit more time than placing a free ad or sending out a broadcast or a tweet on Twitter, when you join forums and chat groups with similar interests, you can work it to your advantage in a monetary way.
Free signature backlinks —Most forums allow the members to create asignature block after they have met and exceeded the number of required posts on a particular forum. The advantage of adding a signature block is that you can advertise your product or service just by commenting and adding a post to someone else’s entry.
In addition, many forums have a classified ad section, a work-for-hire section, and a services offered section. You can place your ad in any of those categories. The more places you put your advertising guarantees you more hits to your fiverr.com listings.
Internet Marketing, Work from Home, and Webmaster Forums
Here’s a treasured list of forums that you might consider joining and learning from. When you post your comments inside of these forums, your free signature backlinks that point to your product or service will bring more traffic to your listings.
People in each of these forums will click on your signature links.
If you are selling a product or service that is not in this category, then just perform a search on the Internet and look for forums that specialize in your niche market.
www.Digitalpoint.com — This is a webmaster forum that has more than 25,000 active members. They discuss ways to make money, build links, drive traffic, and more. They also have a marketplace where you can buy and sell domains, web sites, and your services.
- www.work-at-home-forum.com/ – This forum focuses on various opportunities in business, web design, paid surveys, as well as online and off-line marketers. They have many opportunities that you can ask about if you are a stay-at-home mom or dad, or even a college student who wants to pick up some quick money.
- www.V7N.com— This is an active forum with lots of people who are new as well as experienced webmasters. They have an SEO forum and basically it’s a good place to network and learn more about online marketing and creating websites.
- www.webmasterworld.com/home.htm— This site is very similar to Digitalpoint, however it has less members.
- www.wahm.com/forum/ – This work at home mom forum is very active. Their membership is large, helpful, and friendly. You’ll find discussions about working at home, business opportunities, selling crafts, and basic marketing programs. If there is one place where you should add signature backlinks to it would be this forum.
Just note that it’s a female forum, so if you’re not a female, well…
- forums.seochat.com/—Although this site focuses on search engine optimization, it is a great forum to gather information that you’ll need to promote and drive traffic to your listings.
- www.earnersforum.com/— The members in the forum talk a lot about monetizing your site, your blogs, and how to make money freelancing. A lot of newbies hang out here and they like to ask the experts questions and get answers.
- www.highrankings.com/forum/ — This forum is an awesome resource when you want more information about building backlinks, PPC advertising, strategies for SEO, and anything to do with keyword research.
- www.talkfreelance.com/ – If you want to work from home, and talk to others about how to make the most money freelancing, then this is the forum for you.
- www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/forum/index.php – This is a fun forum especially if you are a freelancer or wish to make money from home. The tips alone are great, and the participants in the forum could generate more business for your listings.
- www.wickedfire.com/ – When you want to learn more about selling products and services using methods you’ve probably never heard of before, you might want to check out this site. Just be aware that if some of the information seems incomprehensible to you, ask questions. As in everything else, make sure that the methods suggested are legal.
- forum.abestweb.com/ – When you join this forum, you will learn more about affiliate marketing and promoting products and services created by others. Even if you have created your own product or service, this forum is worthy of spending some time at every week. They show you what’s possible when you need to make some money right now.
- affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/ – As its name implies, this forum deals almost exclusively with ways to make money through affiliate marketing.
- www.ewealth.com/ – Again, this is another affiliate marketing forum. They offer a wealth of knowledge about paid advertising, PPC (pay-per-click advertising), and they have a section or marketplace that allows for members to trade services and domain names.
- www.whydowork.com/forums/ – Not as large as some of the other forums, this one is a general place where you can get a lot of questions answered about marketing, reselling, and dropshipping products.
- bloggerforum.com/ – This is one of the largest blogger forums on the Internet. It is a very active forum, and it’s a great place for exchanging links and getting and receiving guest bloggers to your blog. If you don’t already have a blog, Google would probably love it if you created a blogger blog at www.blogger.com. Then you could create your free blog and include a link to the items you’re offering at fiverr.com.
www.scam.com/ – Last but not least, this web site is listed as a point of reference whenever you want to look up a product, a service, a company, or an online site to see if it is worthy or not. It isn’t an all-inclusive site, but it’s a site that you might want to visit, especially when you’re anticipating purchasing something from an online business. They have a specific Internet Scams section on their forum with an archive that contains hundreds of threads about online scams.
10 FIVERR CLONES
Every week more sites are being created that are similar to fiverr.com. All of these sites allow you to sell your services and make unlimited amounts of money. So once you get the hang of creating a gig on this site, you might want to check out other sites that are alternatives to Fiverr.com.
A word of caution, however, is to start with one site. Add a few gigs, make your money, and get your testimonials and rankings. Then look into expanding your successes by opening accounts at the alternative sites.
The following sites are listed for your convenience, and they’re not meant to distract you from earning lots of money at Fiverr.com.
www.justafive.com Offers higher priced jobs ($5, $10 and $15), along with a 5% referral fee.
www.zeerk.com – Pays fast and does not require a 5-day waiting period after the order closes.
www.jobsfor10.com – Jobs earn $10, but the site produces fewer sales than fiverr.com.
www.tenbux.com — You can list a job for $5 or $10.
www.7freelance.com —Good visibility, and you make the full amount of the stated $7 price, but this site doesn’t produce as many orders as fiverr.com
www.tenyt.com — Offers products and services for $10 (double the price of fiverr.com with a good audience and services).
www.gigbux.com —Offers buyers the opportunity to list their products and services for more money than many similar sites.
www.gigbucks.com —You can sell services between $5 and $100, which is more lucrative once you know which products and services have the potential to attract repeat sales at a higher value.
www.needly.com — A USA-based site that puts no limits on the dollar amounts you can charge for your products or services.
www.gigswood.com — This is a relatively new site and appears to attract sellers who have English as a second language.
After reading this guide you’re now equipped with a ton of essential knowledge to get started making money with fiverr. What’s more the information you now possess puts you ahead of 99% of other marketers out there. So use it wisely!
- How to set up your fiverr gig the right way (step by step).
- How to promote your fiverr gig effectively in 2019.
- Another good article to read is Mathew Woodward’s post on creating gigs. He has a different angle on how to create fiverr gigs.
- 9 Actionable Steps To Brand Your Business Today (The Branding Formula)
Here’s to your success on fiverr! 🙂
👉 Make sure to leave a comment below to get the newest ways to Make Money Online straight to your inbox.